commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lost Trail Royal Marine Joseph Osborne (RM 128608)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
ABMTP2
Forum Member

I am seeking information and photos in relation to my late father's service as a Royal Marine Commando (Joseph Osborne RM 128608) and Chief Petty Officer Instructor Joseph Osborne RAN Reserves and Australian Sea Cadet Corps TS Parramatta 21 July 1965 - 1 Feb 1971.

Apparently, he may have seen service during the Korean War or Malaysian conflict and undertook a FAA Course at HMS Condor around 20th March 1962.

The only record we have of his service is the Royal Marine marksman medal.

Born 13 April 1931
Died 28 August 1997

I look forward to receiving your support and guidance.

Many thanks in advance.

ABMTP2 Simon Osborne (Ret) son of the late Joe Osborne

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/12/2020 19:45:17

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Simon

You can apply for a copy of the official service record of your Father. You will need a copy of his death certificate. How to do so can be found here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords

On the link above you will also see there is an explanation on Royal Marines Registry (or Service ) numbers, and under Section 21, that it refers to six figure numbers with the prefix RM as in the case of the number of your Father.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger