commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
LOOKING FOR MY FATHER  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
LYNDATAYLOR
Forum Member

Please could anyone give me any information about this person?Ronald Dennis John Burns?Marine No PLY/X 4899 Royal Marines?this is/was my dad whom I have no photos and childhood memories of?now at the age of 69 it would be a dream come true to even just have a photo of him?Thankyou so much for any information❤️
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Lynda

Ours is an online archive so in the main everything we have is on the website. Our photo galleries are extensive with many in the photos yet to be identified, but first you have to establish what role he had in the Royal Marines, ie. RM Commando or RM as, unlike today, in WW2 not all Royal Marines were RM Commandos. We know that our records are not complete and as we are a commando family archive, rather than 'official', we do not have access to official service records. However you can apply for a copy of your Fathers. How to do so can be found on the link below. Some service records give more detail than others but it is a first place to start.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Lynda,

I will try and find out as much about your father as possible, but as Pete says this Archive does not have access to official documents. You need to start your research by applying to the MoD for a scan of his service record - I have sent you the appropriate forms...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger