commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
james emlyn davies  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
ian davies
Forum Member

my father had his funeral today and i proudly wore his commando tie does anybody remember him he served at st nazairre,saleno and vis
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Ian , may I firstly offer my condolences to you on your fathers death. I can only imagine how proud you must have felt to wear his Commando tie at his funeral today. You mention St Nazaire, Salerno and Vis and these were actions that my late father was involved in also. I do hope that someone remembers your father James, or has some information for you on here. Whatever the case, and when you feel ready, you may wish to browse the photo galleries on here. There is a particularly large gallery of No.2 Commando who took part in all the actions you mention. If you have the information about which Commando he was in and the troop number you should post it here as that may jog memories.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/02/2009 21:00:08

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Dusty's son
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Ian

Sorry about your loss,but also welcome to this site.

As, Pete said, when you are ready ,you should check into the information on #2 Commando. There is actually quite a bit of information .From what you said in your post it sounds like your Dad was probably in #2 ,as was mine and a few other peoples as well.
If you have more information it might help.

There are posts on how to obtain service records etc. here

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/179.page

Again,my condolences on your loss

Lindsay

ian davies
Forum Member

thanks to all people who responded i am so sorry i never knew of this site whilst dad was alive he would have gained great comfort from it . my dad was on the island of vis he was wounded in his arm and was transported to italy where he told me he was one of the first ever people to be treated with penicillin he was at salerno where he fought 3 rounds with joe louis in an exhibition boxing fight he then went on to lake commachio and he finished the war on the river po .he was origonally in the buffs and joined the commandoes in 41/42 at the age of 18 we still have his green beret which mum held at his funeral
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

May your father, James Emlyn Davies, Rest In Peace.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The CVA is a great way to keep your father's name alive ,Ian ,like it has my late dad's. Welcome ,mate .

SE Donnison
[MSN]
silvo
Forum Member
[Avatar]

.sincere condolences to you and your family ...

Steve

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger