commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
John "Jock" Bell Brown, from Troon, Scotland, Navy during WWII  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
james77260
Forum Member

Hello,
My grand uncle, John "Jock" Bell Brown, from Troon, Scotland was in the Navy during WWII. I wanted to know if there was a way to find out as much info about him as possible, as I am writing a sports family genealogy books about relatives from the US and Scotland. Any photos during his service, internal docs about his service. I'm the vice president of the Society for American Soccer History (SASH) and a US soccer historian as well. John (Jock) was a goalie in the pro league with FA Cup winner in 1939, Clyde, Hibs, Dundee, Kilmarnock in the 1930s through the early '40s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown_(footballer,_born_1915)

Thank you for any help you can be.

Regards,

James Brown
[Thumb - Jock_Brown.jpg]
 Filename Jock_Brown.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description John Bell "Jock" Brown
 Filesize 15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  161 time(s)

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi James

I have been away from Troon from a number of years but is is son John not still in Troon?

Our family were great frinds with the Browns but not in contact now.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger