commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Dave Esseen 45 Cdo 1968  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bill Yates
Forum Member

I joined with Dave in 1965. He was posted to 45 in Aden, I went to Singers. I found out he was killed in Aden in 1968 age 18. In the archives it records Cause of death unknown. ??? I would be grateful to find out what happened to him. Or, even, why on earth someone dying in service would be recorded as death unknown. He?s buried in Frankby Cemetery, Birkenhead so his body was obviously recovered. But the CoD is unknown? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/09/2020 15:18:25

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Bill

This is not an official military archive and as such we have no access to service records. You can find out more about this archive here: http://www.commandoveterans.org/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

What is in this Archive is what has been found from various sources, and in the case of the Post WW2 ROH this is primarily the Armed Forces Memorial Roll of Honour but that has limited detail. Whilst our WW2 ROH is complete we recognise our Post WW2 ROH is not. So where it says, Died in Service cause unknown, it means just that. We know he was in service at the time but don?t know how he met his death. The hope is that someone who knows more will contact us when they see that, and this has happened on many occasions. The intention is to have a fit and proper entry in our archive for every Commando who has died in service from their formation in 1940 until the present day. We are well on the way to doing this but we need help and rely on people assisting with research and then letting us know, and providing us with verifiable sources for any information provided.

Do you have a photo of Marine Esseen ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/09/2020 17:57:23

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bill Yates
Forum Member

Thanks Pete. Great info! I must try some other Booty web forums. I?ll have a look in my phots to see if I?ve got a photo of Dave. I don?t think so apart from a squad photo but I?ll let you know. Cheers. Bill

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger