commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Award of Africa Star ~ CSM W J Turney 5951593  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
AJT
Forum Member

Good evening
I exchanged a number of messages with you 3 years ago when researching information on my father.
We are now planning a trip to the Fort William area in a few days time and I am intending to visit the west Highland Museum to see the commando section there. In preparation I have re-read my fathers record and an entry that I had overlooked was in the 'Campaigns medals and decorations' section where it lists 'Awarded the Africa Star 2067 2 Ech P (I think) 111 27 /44'
I was intrigued to see that as there is no other connection to service in Africa that I have seen in the record.
Are you able to shed any light on this entry?
I also noted that the record shows he was admitted in December 1942 to & discharged from Westminster Hospital in January 1943. It notes the place as Achnacarry, was there a hospital at Achnacarry and was it named Westminster?
Out of interest since we last communicated I have moved to near Dumfries and have spent some time researching the Floors Castle Hospital link, which has been very difficult and I have found some general info about it being a hospital but no individual records of soldiers treated there, I have also tried to find more detail around the Dumfries explosion but not been able to find any details.
in anticipation thanks for your help
Andrew Turney

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger