commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Alfred john thurston plyx102176 no 2 RM commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
scott thurston
Forum Member

Hi
I am trying to find some information on my Grandfather, i have limited service records, he started on the 15th Febuary and served under commanding officers Petly,phillips and smith

I trued to attach a photo of his service record but it stated file too large

If anyone has a photo of the unit all together i would be great especially for my Father

Thanks for your help

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Scott

Can you email me (see below) your Grandfather?s service record. I have some thoughts on your Grandfathers service which the record should help with. If you have a photo of him feel free to post it in any reply on this forum thread. Images must be below 1mb in size.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/05/2020 09:54:03

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
scott thurston
Forum Member

Hi Pete thanks for responding , i have clicked the email icon at the bottom of your reply and sent some phots and service records to your email , let me know if you have recieved them or if i have to send them another way

Thanks for your time ,its apreciated

Regards
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

For the benefit of readers the unit was in fact MNBDO2. Full explanation sent by email to Scott.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger