commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt S.L Fouche search  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Daan Kemp
Forum Member

I am looking for any information about my uncle Lieutenant S.L. [Louis] Fouche, who served with y Troop 48 Comdo in WWII.

He was transferred from the Union Defence Force 6 Armoured Division to the RM. I suspect in 1944. Possibly after a call for volunteers?

He appears on a group photo 'Officers Group 'D-3' Southampton' with Lt Col Moulton in the first row middle.

Participated D-Day wounded and evacuated almost immediately. Participated Walcheren. Told me he was in the Far East in submarine operations too.

I lost touch with him a long time ago after my mother, his sister, passed away.
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Daan

For the benefit of others here is the photo in our Gallery that you refer to http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/48+RM+Cdo/48+Cdo+officers+jr.jpg.html

We have several references to your Uncle in our Archive as well if you go to the main archive home page and search on his surname. His name also appears in the book 44 Commando, From Achnacarry to the Arakan, author Tony Mackenzie. On page 121 of my copy at Ahmadnagar in June 1945 the author records that
Lts. S.L. Fouche and D. Ranger from the South African Union Defence Force and 13 marines joined 44 as replacement personnel.

On page 122 the author records that
On 20th June an advance party (Lt. Fouche) left for Kharakvasla.

On page 125 the author records for the 6th August that Lt. Fouche of 'A' Troop was wounded by grenade shrapnel during practise assault landings and night exercises.

If you have a photo of your Uncle please post it here and can you include his full forenames.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger