commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Stanley Muscroft  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
robertmuscroft
Forum Member

Looking for information on Stanley Muscroft who served in 40 RM Commando.
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Robert

Your Father served in 'Y' Troop of 40RM Commando. I only found this today in the War Diary for 40RM so the timing of your message is somewhat uncanny ! It's not much but he is named as being on a Boarding Party that left Komiza Harbour Vis heading for Korcula on the night of 20/21 May 1944 on two motor gunboats. I can send you a copy of the page concerned if you want it. I will add his first name to our nominal roll entry as that was not shown.

If you have his service number can you let us know and you can also post a photo if you wish which I will add to our gallery for 40RM Commando here: http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/40+RM+Cdo/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
robertmuscroft
Forum Member

This is a photo of Stan Muscroft 40 RM Commando. Can any one help to identify badge above hid right hand chest pocket?
Thanks
Robert Muscroft
[Thumb - Stanley Muscroft 40RM Commando.jpg]
 Filename Stanley Muscroft 40RM Commando.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  159 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/06/2020 21:10:51

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Can any one help to identify badge above his right hand chest pocket?
Thanks
Robert Muscroft

Hi Robert, I can only see what appears to be his medal ribbon over his left chest pocket, or on the right as you're looking at the photo. I have corrected the image you posted to display properly. I have also included it in our 40RM Commando gallery which can be viewed on this link (page 1 centre 5th row down) http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/40+RM+Cdo/

If you provide his service number, and dates of birth and death (if applicable) then I will add those as well.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger