commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The Funeral of our comrade and Commando Vic Ralph  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
PatchReehal
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Just a short post to express my sincere thanks to the Ralph family and to all those that were able to make such a sad event so touching and memorable. It was a very moving and private service on a cracking sunny May day.

Scotty's speech and Harrys reading were a perfect and fitting tribute to a man who had given so much to so many.

God bless you dear friend and may us new Commandos follow in your footsteps.

United we Conquer

Patch
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Really good to hear that Vic had a fantastic send off. Thanks to all who made the effort to give him the day he deserved. Vic's obituary will be posted on this sight very shortly. Kind regards to all.

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Patch

As you say a great send off for a real 'Gentle'man.

As Vic always used to say 'We hope he had a dry landing'

God Bless you Vic.

Yours Aye

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear All,
Subject to Vic's immediate family's agrrement, is there likely to be a special memorial plaque of any type for Vic, after all its seems it would be fitting for the Association to remember him, following all the good work he has laid down. Its obvious from those that were present at the funeral and from the comments of those that could not make it that he will be greatly missed, and therefore should be remembered. I hope I am not out of line with these comments, but I feel it should happen.
Regards Ron
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

I totaly agree with you Ron .......perhaps someting could be laid at the Alrewas memorial when we officially unveil it.......just a thought.

Regards
John M

Primus Inter Pares

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
It is planned to incorporate 'Memorial Pavers' (bricks) into the Memorial at the Arboretum. The brick that will lead the way will be in memory of Vic Ralph No 1 Cdo 1925 - 2007. I will also propose that the CVA lay a discreet memorial within the Garden of Remembrance at Spean Bridge and we could possibly have our own service there to dedicate and lay it on the Saturday afternoon in November, we could invite the school children from Lochabre school and also the Cadets. As CVA Secretary and as a dear friend, I must say I am going to miss Vic and Molly terribly.
Anonymous

Hello

A wooden poppy cross has been place in the memorial garden at Spean Bridge with Vic's name on it. Another of the heroes gone. We will remember them. Bill Harvey
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Bill,
I imagine there will be along line of replies, thanking you, for placing the Cross in Rememberance of our dear old friend Vic, and the gathering in November wont seem quite the same without him or Molly, I personally thank you for your thoughts. We will remember them!
Regards,
Ron and Bev
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

A most fitting gesture............thanks for that.

Regards
John M

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/06/2007 07:50:04

Primus Inter Pares

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger