commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
GENGE, John Thomas Head, Service number: CH/X 4107 died in service age 26  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
agkeohane
Forum Member

Hello

I am fortunate to have my great uncle's commandos badge which makes me incredibly proud. However I would like to put a face to this timeless piece. Please can anyone help?

Due to family rifts, such information has been withheld.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Abbie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/05/2020 15:01:23

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Abbie, I reviewed our record for your Great Uncle and noted that we had his forenames listed as John Thomas Head Genge in line with what is on the Armed Forces Roll of Honour. However I have found a couple of photos on Ancestry that show the first two forenames reversed as Thomas John. Further research showed that Birth and Marriage records also show Thomas John rather than John Thomas as does the Register of British Armed Forces And Overseas Deaths And Burials, so I have amended ours to show Thomas John.

I am not a member so cannot access the full image on the Ancestry record. There is also a photo of his funeral on the next page. Here is the link
https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/1093/?name=_Genge&fh=460&fsk=MDs0NTk7MjA-61-

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Our record is here: http://www.commandoveterans.org/ThomasGenge45Commando

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
agkeohane
Forum Member

Hello Pete

Firstly, I never anticipated a response so soon... and one that would lead us to the most incredible photos of Tommy.

You are correct, thank you for recognising; Thomas John Head Genge, and now I have a face.

I have forwarded images to my grandad, Tommy's younger brother, and he is so delighted. I am so so proud.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond to my message and point us in the right direction.

By all means, if the images could be of use/general interest to the site we would be happy to share. Everyone should see and remember all those who fought.

Kindest regards
Abbie

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger