commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
St Nazaire raid  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Deandon08
Forum Member

Hi All,

I am currently researching the St. Nazaire raid and the men who took part, with the intention of self publishing a book on the raid at a more personal level. I am currently looking to find family members of any of the men involved in the raid to document their stories. This has led me to get in contact with family members of Peter Honey 2 commando 5 troop and Don Randall 2 commando 5 Troop. I am looking for family members of Ted Sinnott 2 commando 4 troop and Eric De La Torre 3 commando as I now know all 4 men escaped together from a workers POW camp in Sternberg, Germany.

The book will document a variety of subjects from commando training to the POW camps etc. Any help gathering photos, documents, memoirs, diaries etc or stories told by family members would be more than helpful. If your relative was a commando and took part in this raid and you would like their story documented please contact me. I?m not looking to profit from this book, I am ex military and have a keen interest in military history and genealogy and have a deep fascination in the raid and the early commandos. As such there is no published books about the raid from a personal level as told by the commandos who took part. Any help is gratefully received. Many thanks, Dean Donald.

[email protected]

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Have you been in touch with the St Nazaire Society ?

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger