commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
WW2 30 Commando AU  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Joe36
Forum Member

Gents,

During the later years in the Corps, I served in Y SQN at Stonehouse Barracks (2007-2012). Back then the unit was called UKLF CSG, then renamed to 30 CDO IX Group RM to honour the unit's heritage from WW2. Y SQN back then was called Y services.

I would be very much interested if any member of the group knows a way to obtain a reprint of the black and white photographs taken during WW2.

It would also be a huge privilege for me to connect with any members of that era.

VBW,

Joe
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Joe

Thanks for your messages on our Forum. In respect of your offer to help on the other 5 year old forum message that I posted that is no longer applicable as things have moved on and should have been archived. I have done this now. You can contact the Commando Association direct if you wish via this link http://www.commandoveterans.org/contact_the_association

In respect of this message we have some photos in our gallery of 30AU here http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/30AU/

Click on any of the three albums to open them. Is it these that you refer to or are you looking for others ?

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Joe36
Forum Member

Pete hi,

Thank you for directing me to the relevant folder. Great photos!

I was enquiring if anyone on the forum knows where I could purchase/obtain a copy of any 30 CDO AU troop photos. I would like to collect some memorabilia from this era and it would be privileged to have an old WW2 era unit/company photograph hung next to mine in the new era.

I served with 30 CDO IX GP RM, formally known as either RMB Stonehouse, or UKLF CSG.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Have you checked out the 30AU website. You can contact the owner. He also has 2 books available to purchase online.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger