commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information and picture about Edwin Frank Piggott n°3 commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Gold1944
Forum Member

Dear All,

My name is Guillaume (William in english) i'm a french historian and i am the curator of the D DAY museum in Arromanches, Normandy.
I have in the museum's collection a Bergam bag which belong to Edwin Frank Piggott n°3 commando veteran and unfortunatelly when this item arrived at the museum nobody took the time to ask more about Mr Piggott. I don't know when did he gave us his bergam and when ?
Now i would like to expose his Bergam with his story that i found here : https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/80022005

I learn that he landed at sword beach and fought in Italy, he was in 2nd troops Mortar section

but, i would love to have a picture of him and to be in touch with his family if they agree.

Please find attached to this message a picture of his Bergam which nowadays at the D DAY MUSEUM ARROMANCHES

Best regards,

Guillaume, DDAY Museum curator

[Thumb - 2019.0.93.1.jpg]
 Filename 2019.0.93.1.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description bergam
 Filesize 97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  345 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/04/2020 16:03:52

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Guillaume

There are three references in old Commando Association newsletters mentioning Ted Piggott (No.3 Commando) attending events. As such we only had him down as E. Ted Piggott. However they each mention that he was from the Hull area so that links in. One of them actually mentions that Ted had some photos of 2 Troop (Ted mentions 2 Troop in the tape recorded interview). I can find no reference after that in the newsletters. I have found a reference in the Leeds Registers of Deaths to the death of an Edwin Frank Piggott on 20 March 2014. Leeds is close to Hull but whilst it is highly likely, we cannot be 100% certain this is our man. Hopefully family may see your entry one day and respond or you could try perhaps emailing one of the local newspapers such as the Hull Daily Mail asking them to publish your quest to find Ted's family. Hull Daily Mail [email protected]

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Gold1944
Forum Member

Thank you for your quick answer

I will ask them to publish something in the newspaper

He mentioned he belonged to the mortars section but on the internet i have seen he was a driver

Whenever if you have somewhere more information do not hesitate to send me a message to my professional address : [email protected]

Regards

Guillaume

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger