commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Hi help required on non commando information please.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
BillP
Forum Member

Looking at Dads service record ( which runs from 1935 - 1947 ) he was with RM Commandos from October 1943 till end of service. Between the dates of Nov 1940 to Aug 41 he was with the RMDE ( RM Divisional Engineers ) and he was taught bomb disposal techniques and combat engineering. I remembering him saying that he worked, with others, along with Donald Bailey building the bridges. However he also said that he was in Haywards Heath. All I can find with regard to Donald Bailey is the Military Engineering Establishment at Christchurch. Therefore my appeal is to anyone who may have knowledge of cross service training undertaken by the Royal Engineers, does Haywards Heath as a training base ring any bells and also on the Donald Bailey link?
Regards
Bill

Proud son of Sgt Alexander Pirie MM Royal Marines 1935 to 1947
BillP
Forum Member

Sorry for the smiley faces they were supposed to be the end of brackets!

Proud son of Sgt Alexander Pirie MM Royal Marines 1935 to 1947
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I hope you find the information you're after.
Just wanted to say thanks for the laughs about the smiley faces. Started my day off well. :)

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger