commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Memorial Bricks for Army Commando Memorial  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

It is planned to incorporate 'memorial pavers' (bricks) into the design of our Army Commando memorial, due to be unveiled on 29 July. The pavers will hold text: 2 lines of 16 letters on each line. The price will be £22 each which will include the paver, inscription and placement into the area of the memorial. The bricks must be dedicated to former Army Commandos who we have lost either in action or in peace time. We currently only have space for approx 220 bricks, and orders will only be set in place once we have orders of 30 or 40. Your orders can be placed with the Secretary now, and although I am in Afghanistan, if you get your order in ASAP, I will endeavour to get them in for the installation on June 11th - (order by 30 May), Vic Ralph's being the first to be placed. Hope this is a popular idea, as all profit will go towards the memorial fund which is still in need of our fund raising efforts. I know that there will be many members and even non-CVA that will have a Father/Grandfather/Son, who they could place a Paver for, in their eternal memory. Looking forward to getting back and seeing the memorial being installed in early June. Lads from 59 Commando RE will be joining me to put the paving etc in place. Regards, Geoff.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 24/05/2007 17:27:01

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Anonymous

Awesome idea, I will be absolutely delighted to order a Paver in memory of my Grandad No 2 Cdo, my order is on it's way. Thanks
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hey - annonymous - glad to hear mention of another No. 2, however, we don't know your name or your grandfather's. Please write in to let us know.

Geoff. We too are trying to come up with something appropriate. It is a very good idea.

Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Fantastic My order is a on its way for my dad Its going to be soo emotional

SE Donnison
[MSN]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Great Idea Geoff

My Order too is on its way

Stay Safe
John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Geoff,
That's a great idea, I'll certainly order one.

Keep yer head down!
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger