commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Places- COLINTON  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Training Establishments
GrahamCooper
Forum Member

Hello,

Within the website is an article by Alfred Frederick Edward SAWYER OF 2 Commando and the Hampshire Regt.

He did his training at Achnacarry and then when on to COLINTON,near Edinburgh for more training.

Does anyone know what training was carried out at Colinton

Many thanks

Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I was born and grew up there ! Redford Barracks and Dreghorn Barracks. Security wasn?t as tight as these days perhaps, and we could sneak in via the back of the barracks to play. Great fun. Close to the Pentland Hills.

Castlelaw and Dreghorn Training Area

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/43345/dte_info_leaflet_scotland.pdf

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The firing ranges on the hills were more difficult to access thankfully.

https://canmore.org.uk/site/277106/castlelaw-and-dreghorn-training-area

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/11/2019 00:38:46

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Training Establishments
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger