commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Henry Gulliksen No. 10 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Gulliksen
Forum Member

I am trying to piece together my Grandfather's history from when he arrived in the UK in 1940 and joining up with the Commando's. So i thought i would post on the forum here to see if anyone can give me any pointers or help in my quest. The facts we know are that my Grandfather, Henry Ole Gulliksen was at sea working on a Whaling boat when Germany invaded Norway. Instead of going back to occupied Norway he arrived at the UK and later became a Commando.

I believe he was on the Kosmos II, a Whale oil factory ship which arrived in Liverpool on 05 May 1940 in Convoy HGF28. Not 100% sure about this and if anyone can suggest where i can find crew lists or how to go about finding out more that would be appreciated (although i appreciate i am digressing from the Commando theme here).

So i am basically trying to find out as much as possible from when he signed up, trained (assume at Achnacarry) to which operations he was involved in (Walcheren?).

Henry passed away when i was quite young and my Mum never really asked him many questions. What i want to do is create a linear time scale of all i can piece together and give it to her as a surprise gift.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger