commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Photos from my time at CTCRM  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Charlie darwent
Forum Member

I would like to get copies of photos which were taken at CTCRM whilst in trg and also from sigs course. where would I be able to get these from, pls?
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Charlie

I suppose it would depend on how long ago they were taken. The Royal Navy have a small photographic unit and an imagery database online for some of their recent photos https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/public-relations/royal-navy-imagery

If it's not recent then you could contact the Royal Marines Historical Society for their advice
https://www.nmrn.org.uk/our-museums/new-royal-marines-museum/royal-marines-historical-society

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Charlie darwent
Forum Member

Thanks Pete, will try those . Charlie D
[Email]
outcast
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Charlie
If you are no longer in touch with any of your former squad/troop mates, then there are a few random pictures on the website: put in a search for "commando training at CTCRM" and the era - say, 1970s or whatever, and click on "Images."
Any there, however, are pretty unlikely to be of your squad/troop.
What has already been suggested above may produce some results, but their resources are limited and it depends on how far their records go back. The RN photographers usually turned/turn up at official occasions or when asked to record a significant event.
There used to be a major at the RM Historical Dept. called Mark Bentinck; brilliant bloke, but I don't think that he's still around. He may even have crossed the bar.
You may also try googling "Royal Marines Signal Training Wing" and see where that leads.
There is also a website called OAMAAM (onceamarinealwaysamarine) where former booties (and a few others, including ladies) swing the lamp and wind each other up - in the nicest possible way, of course. Someone on there may have been a squadmate of yours, or may have some photos that they are prepared to share.
I hope that you manage to find what you want.
Regards
Aye
Vic

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 14/02/2020 20:23:20

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger