commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Donald Owen Rfm (R.U.R)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Julia Owen
Forum Member

I've come across my father in law's Commando Service Certificate. Service No 14881892, advising that he served in the Commandos from January 1945 until November 1945. Unfortunately he passed away 12 years ago so can't ask him about his time with the Commandos - any advice on who to contact, where to look, to find out any more details about his service during this time, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Julia could you scan and post a full copy of the Certificate, and a photo of your Father in Law ?

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Julia Owen
Forum Member

Hi Pete, many thanks for the reply, I've tried attaching his service certificate and a photo, a few times, but I keep getting error messages. Is there an email address I can send them to?

Kind regards
Julia
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Julia

I have emailed you via the email address you registered with.so you can send them direct.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Julia

The images were too large (file size) for the Forum so I have reduced them. 14881892 Rifleman Donald Owen, Royal Ulster Rifles attached to Commandos, precise unit not shown, served in Commandos from January 1945 to November 1945. If anyone can find reference to a Commando unit served please post the details and source here. At some stage he is likely to have spent time in the Holding Operational Commando (HOC) so unless a specific unit is found I will post the images there in due course. Once way to discover hopefully the unit would be to apply for a copy of his Service Record. How to do so can be found below. Please read carefully before completing the application.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords.

[Thumb - Donald Owen pic.jpeg]
 Filename Donald Owen pic.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description Image credit Julia Owen
 Filesize 173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  169 time(s)

[Thumb - Cdo Service Cert Donald Owen.jpg]
 Filename Cdo Service Cert Donald Owen.jpg [Disk] Download
 Filesize 294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  173 time(s)

[Thumb - Service doc Donald Owen.jpg]
 Filename Service doc Donald Owen.jpg [Disk] Download
 Filesize 387 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  183 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Laycock letter to Commandos.
[Thumb - Laycock letter Donald Owen.jpg]
 Filename Laycock letter Donald Owen.jpg [Disk] Download
 Filesize 382 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  207 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Now added to the album for the H.O.C. until further information is received.

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Holding+Operational+Commando+HOC/

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger