commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
HELP! 3 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Sandra Doran
Forum Member

Hello everyone,
As a new member, I want to apologise beforehand as I will probably muck this up. But here goes.....

I'm currently writing a book "Forgotten Heroes" Italian Campaign 1943-45 and I am looking for material/images (3 Commando and the fighting July '43 at Malati Bridge) especially interested in veteran accounts that I can reproduce in my book to tell the story of the events that took place during 1943-45.

I have already had a huge amount of support from various organisations, charities, families and the last few surviving veterans.

If anyone can help or simply point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Sandra Doran
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Sandra
We have quite a lot of references primarily in the main online archive (via Home Page) but also a few in the gallery, to the action at Punta dei Malati, or as later known by Commandos, 3 Commando Bridge.

If you search on each on the word Malati and find any you wish to seek permission to reproduce contact me (via email link below) with the full details of each, ideally with a link to the page where you found it

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger