commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Marine William Crompton  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Cheryl Hambridge
Forum Member

Hello, I?m trying to find out information about my Uncle, Marine William Crompton. He was KIA in Hademstorf Germany on 12/4/45.
Any information about his Military Service would be very welcome.
Thank you,
Cheryl
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Cheryl and thank you for making contact.

Our Roll of Honour entry for your uncle, Marine William Crompton, is here: http://www.commandoveterans.org/WilliamCrompton45RMCommando

The first advice we always give to relatives is to apply for a copy of the Service Record of their relative. How to do so can be found below. Some service records contain more than others but really is a must do. Read the advice on the forms thoroughly before applying.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords

You stated that he was killed in action at Hademstorf. Is that information passed down through the Family, or did you take it from our entry above ? Additionally I would like to add a photo of your Uncle if you or any of your Family have one.

I have attached a clipping from a book written and published for Veterans just after the war about the action at Hademstorf and look forward to hearing back from you.
[Thumb - Extract 45RM Cdo 12Apr45.PNG]
 Filename Extract 45RM Cdo 12Apr45.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  178 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger