commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
CYRIL ALLNUTT, No2 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello to all of our CVA family and best wishes to you for 2009.

We recently received communication from Robert Allnutt looking for information about his late father. He has asked that I post the message and photos. He will send me more soon which I will also post. I wish Bob was here to sort them out for all of us, but maybe they will be familiar to someone.

Janet
I hope you are well and I extend best wishes to you and your family for 2009.
As requested I am sending two photos my father left me. The first standing group shows him fifth from the left and his friend Jimmy Jamison is third from the left. I dont know any other individual nor when or where the photo was taken. Someone more knowledgable than me will recognise the beret badge.
The second photo on the steps might be in Italy, again I do not know location or date. Perhaps Ravenna? but I am just guessing. My father is third from left middle row with JJ fourth left. The senior ranks look to be at the front and maybe someone can identify them and accordingly the troop or company.
Is there anyone in UK who might be worth speaking to? I also have some other photos he left me of the time no 2 was in Albania which might be of interest.
With very best wishes
Robert Allnutt

Love to all,
Janet
[Thumb - scan0002.jpg]
 Filename scan0002.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description No. 2 Commando
 Filesize 226 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  472 time(s)

[Thumb - scan0001.jpg]
 Filename scan0001.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description No. 2 Commando
 Filesize 311 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  430 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/02/2009 21:03:14

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Janet good to hear from you again and hope you are well. As you already know I could not find anything on the man himself, however the photo location is exactly the same spot as a photo I posted in the gallery of No.2 on page 4. Bob seemed to think on that occasion the photo contained some well known faces of No.2, and also some new ones who had come from the " in-house training class for replacements recruited from the 8th Army in Italy. " If Robert hasn't already done so ask him to have a look at it and see if he spots anyone he knows. It would be great to see the pictures from Albania that he has.

Regards to you and all the family

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger