commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
John Joseph Ducan  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Jem Fraser
Forum Member

I am looking for any information about my father, Corporal John Joseph Duchan, 45RM Commando, EX/4120 who was killed on January 28, 1945. I think he was in B Troop - but it may have been D. Can anyone confirm? I would be really grateful for any photographs of these troops which may include him.
GUY
Forum Member

Jem,
It was D Troop that formed the figthing patrol that crossed the Maas on to "Belle Isle" (Osen) on the 27/28th January 1945. D Troop were ambushed in the area of Lock Linne.

http://forum.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/6175.page

Good luck with your research
Guy

[Thumb -
 Filename " Osen.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 914 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  195 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2019 19:41:42

craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I have the B troop photo taken when 45 formed up in 1943 the photo was taken at Hilsea barracks Portsmouth. Have a look in the gallery at the 45 photos, send me your email address and I will forward it over, it?s a bit mottled, however my mum recognised her dad in the photo.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

HI Jem

In addition to what Guy and Craig have said if you have a photo of your Father that you would like included in our Gallery and on our ROH page for your Father please either attach it in a reply to this message or send it as an attachment by email to me below.

Roll of Honour:
http://www.commandoveterans.org/JohnDuchan45RMCommando

Graves of Corporal Duchan, Lance Corporal McNulty, Marines Mosley, Wales, and others
http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+War+Graves+Memorials+and+Plaques/graves/War+graves+Holland/nederweert/graves.jpg.html

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Jem Fraser
Forum Member

Dear Guy
Thank you for the info. It confirms what I learned when reading the book "The Story of rthe 45 Royal Marine Commando".
Good luck
Jem Fraser (nee Duchan)

Jem Fraser
Forum Member

Dear Craig
From the info I have received it looks as if my dad was in D troop so he may not be in may of your photos. Do you know if personnel moved between troops?
Regards
Jem Fraser (nee Duchan)
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

They did get moved around troops, and I have a copy of a D troop photo somewhere which I will forward once found. I found it online, it may be end of war, I?ll try and find it.
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Jem.

Send me your email, I have an electronic copy of the 45 official history.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger