commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Location of RNB SS7 on D Day  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Pauline Foye
Forum Member

Where was RNB SS7 on D Day ?
Does anyone know what craft my father might have been on and which beach ?

Pauline
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Pauline

Are you able to take a snapshot of the paragraph or sentence / surrounding content where RNB SS7 is mentioned.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pauline Foye
Forum Member

D day - where was he ?
[Thumb - Dad smaller version.jpg]
 Filename Dad smaller version.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 268 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  305 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I personally have no precise information on what they were doing on D Day hopefully others will. Without knowing how much or how little you already know about his service I will add the following in case you are not aware.

RNB SS7 was Royal Naval Beach Signal Section no.7. Your Father is listed on this 11th December 1943 nominal roll that includes RNB SS7.

http://www.relaysystem.co.uk/KSB_RNBC_M-1.pdf

The Relay System website has a good deal of information on the Royal Naval Beach Commandos and Signal Sections. Here is a list of Naval Party numbers that Signals Sections were allocated

http://www.relaysystem.co.uk/RNBSS_Naval_Party_Numbers.pdf

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
GUY
Forum Member

Royal Naval Beach Signal Section no.7 were attached to No.10 Beach Group. They landed at H+30 on Jig Green , Gold beach.

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger