commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Herbert John Rogerson 45 RM Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Dan Rogerson
Forum Member

Hello,

My grandfather served in 45 Commando and was wounded in the Normandy campaign. I should very much like to find out about his time in the 45, including which troop he was in.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Dan
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Message deleted. Re posted below.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 20/06/2019 19:19:43

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Dan

You may have spotted this already but we do have your Grandfather listed in our online Obituaries but do not have a date of death. He was a member of the original Commando Association. The entry in the Obituaries section of their newsletter 88 issued March 1989 records him as

Mne. Herbert John (Bert) Rogerson (45RM Cdo.) of Bodmin, Cornwall.

We do not have access to official service records. Has anyone in your Family applied for a copy of his service record? Do you have a photo of your Grandfather that you could post on here in order that we could add it to our gallery?

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Dan Rogerson
Forum Member

Pete wrote:Hi Dan

You may have spotted this already but we do have your Grandfather listed in our online Obituaries but do not have a date of death. He was a member of the original Commando Association. The entry in the Obituaries section of their newsletter 88 issued March 1989 records him as

Mne. Herbert John (Bert) Rogerson (45RM Cdo.) of Bodmin, Cornwall.

We do not have access to official service records. Has anyone in your Family applied for a copy of his service record? Do you have a photo of your Grandfather that you could post on here in order that we could add it to our gallery?

Thanks Pete,

Yes, that's him. He was born in Custom House in the east end of London in 1922. He was seriously injured during the Normandy campaign and lost the sight in one eye. When he had recovered he went to work in the Royal Docks and moved with my grandmother to Romford, where they lived until I was born. They then moved down to Cornwall to be near my Dad in 1975/6. Grandad passed away in January 1989.

I tried to attach a picture, but it says the file is too large. How should I upload it? Apologies for the delay in replying.

Best wishes,

Dan
[Thumb - Herbert Rogerson 45RM copy.jpg]
 Filename Herbert Rogerson 45RM copy.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Marine Herbert John 'Bert' Rogerson
 Filesize 284 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  175 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/08/2019 09:48:34

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Dan

Send it to me by email. If you check the bottom of this message just click on email there.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Thanks Dan.

Photo now received and added. Gallery will be updated in due course.

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger