commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
L/CPL Brian Mullen  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Rick Smallman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi all,

Back from my latest holiday in the Base Hospital and home at last.

But I have continued my never ending search for information I have found the following.

In his book D-DAY The Soldiers Story the author, Giles Milton mentions Brian Mullen and confirms that Mullen died at the beach.

Part of his email to me states: Everything I have read points to the fact that Sapper Mullen lost his life on the beach.

The search continues.

Regards
[WWW]
GUY
Forum Member

"Wounded and half drowned in landing, pulled over by the heavy rucksack, then picked out and pulled over the sand - Mullen the artist, like a broken doll, lay with both legs shattered, at the end of a bloody trail. He was beyond speech but out of pain; a glance showed a hopeless case and death was busy with him. A gifted man, Mullen should have landed later with the reserves, but he would not hear of it. No volunteer in the whole brigade was prouder of his beret."

Lord Lovat 'March Past'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/05/2019 17:33:10

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger