commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Television Appearance The Nightmare Man 1981  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Michael Seely
Forum Member

Hello.

This is a very trivial enquiry and a very long shot!

In January 1981, a number of 'Royal Marine Commandos from 42 Commando' spent several days in North Cornwall filming a beach landing and other scenes for a BBC television serial called The Nightmare Man. Although recorded in Cornwall, it doubled for the Outer Hebrides, and the commandos were, according to the script, friendly Russians in disguise! They used rigid raiders. They would have spent a few nights at a hotel in Port Isaac. The beach was near St Enodoc golf course.

The director Douglas Camfield was a stickler for authenticity in anything of his productions which featured the armed forces having been an army man himself. You can tell watching it that they are the real deal and not actors.

I was wondering if anyone here was or can point me in the direction of any of these 'actors'. The BBC schedule which survives sadly does not list any names nor who would have been in command. One cast member recalled they came from Plymouth and had recently been stationed in the Falklands.

My email is [email protected] should anyone wish to get in touch. I am researching a book on the programe.

Many thanks.

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger