commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ranville  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Looking through some old photos I took over forty years ago, not the best of quality, but thought I'd download.
Lest we forget. RIP
Kevin
[Thumb - Scan_20190327.jpg]
 Filename Scan_20190327.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description No6 Commando
 Filesize 54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  353 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/03/2019 13:06:50

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Kevin

Thank you for this. I have now added it to our No. 6 Commando album for those buried at Ranville War Cemetery. There are 166 graves of Commandos at Ranville and sadly we only have just over 50 images recorded on our site. If anyone is visiting here are the Commandos buried at Ranville:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/Ranville-Cemetery

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I'll have another look through the photos and will upload if I find more. They changed the layout to the cemetery very soon after.
Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
B Wraith
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Pete, Kevin,
On Thursday the 6th June 2019 I met with Stéphane Saint-Martin at Ranville cemetery and mentioned your need for photos. He already has taken photos of all the Commando graves there and if he can find this thread he will be happy to pass them on to you (or maybe you could contact him).

Son of 4687570 Sgt William (Bill) Wraith MM; N°6 Commando N°2 Troop

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger