commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Sgt John (Jack) Whiting RM 41 Independent Commando PO/X4066  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
crispin6
Forum Member

I would appreciate any information at all regarding my Dad - John (Jack) Whiting.
He served during WW2 and Korea where he was awarded the Bronze Star(V) by the commander of the American 1st Marine Corps that 41 Ind were attached to.
Thanks in anticipation.
Karen Jean Wood(Mrs) ne้ Whiting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/02/2019 17:16:27

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Karen

We have a record of your Father which I hope you have seen. If you have a photo of him we would be delighted to add it here and in our gallery:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/JackWhiting41Commando

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi again Karen

Would this be your Dad...middle initial W - page 18.

https://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/Train%20Wreckers%20and%20Ghost%20Killers-Allied%20Marines%20in%20the%20Korean%20War%20%20PCN%2019000410700_3.pdf

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
crispin6
Forum Member

Yes that's him on the right, but his middle initial is H not W.
I've attached a photo of his medals.
[Thumb - MEDALS.jpg]
 Filename MEDALS.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Medals
 Filesize 467 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  218 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Thanks Karen

Do you have a family photo of your Father, either in uniform or otherwise, that you would like added to our gallery alongside his medals, and archive.

Additionally what did the middle initial 'H' stand for ? I can also add your Father's date of birth if you provide it. Sorry to have to ask but is your Father still living .

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/02/2019 16:23:38

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger