commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Belgian Commandos No. 10 Inter-Allied Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Belgian-Commando
Forum Member
[Avatar]

After 35 years of active service with the 2nd Battalion of Belgian Commandos, and now retired, I have been looking for 10 years to find all the former Belgian Commandos of the Second World War.
Calling all those who could help me, Nick Collins has already participated a lot in my work and I thank him for it, but maybe other sons and daughters of Old Commandos or Old Commandos still alive have information who could help me. Thank you all.

I miss him :
1. The names of the Commando Volunteers of 1942, during the formation at the 4th troop of 10 I.A. Commando embarked in London, Leamington station by train towards Pwillheli, and finally by truck for Abersoch the 07/08/43 ?
2. A list of this same troupe aboard the "SS ATHLONE CASTLE" in Liverpool for Algiers on 12/09/43 ?
3. A list of the same troop embarked on LCI Komiza (VIS) May 13, 44 to land in Barleta (IT) ?
4. A list of Belgian Commandos being patented in Achnacarry during the war between September 1942 and January 1945 ?
5. A list of the same troop from Naples (IT) on 18 May 1944 aboard the "SS Strathnaver" to land at Liverpool (UK) on 2 June 1944 ?
6. And finally the list of Belgian Commandos integrated on May 1, 1945 to the 1st Commando Brigade then called the 15/05/45 (Belgian Commandos Regiment) which on the 15/09/45 returns to Belgium and thus leaves the British Forces ?

The only lists I have are :
1. The list of the 4th troop embarked at Moleta (Italy) towards Vis (Yugoslavia) on March 17, 1944.
2. The list of the 4th Troop + Reinforcements, embarked in England on 29/09/44, for via Arromanches (FR) and Ostend (BE) disembark at Walcheren (NL) on 01 November 1944
3. The list of the 4th troop + reinforcements returning from (Walcheren-NL) and via Ostend (BE) join England on 13/01/45.
4. The Belgian Commandos with the reinforcement of the "Volunteers 44" called (Independent Unit of Belgian Commandos) embarked in London (Tilbury) April 25, 1945 to land in Ostend (BE) to Germany the next day.

Thank you for your help.

Belgian-Commando
[WWW]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Bonjour Marcel,
Bienvenue sur le site Web et les forums de la CVA.

Je suis sûr que certains de nos habitués ont peut-être plus d'informations que je ne pouvais pas fournir - j'espère que ce sera beaucoup mieux d'avoir beaucoup de cerveaux travaillant ensemble que moi seul!

[I'm sure some of our regulars will have more information that I was unable to provide - hopefully it will be far better to have lots of brains working together than just me on my own!]

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Marcel, try this link for info,
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/dutch-second-world-war-commandos-2807088

It has Jan's phone number, i'm sure he would help, hope the link works?
Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Belgian-Commando
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Kevin,
The date that would interest me is that where the Pte ITALIAANDER Tom, arrived at the troop NL coming from the 4th Belgian Troop or it had been incorporated the 07/08/42, and with which it had carried out are commitment for the duration of the war, are traveling from London (Leamington station) to Abersoch, and then his Commando certificate to Achnacarry.
I have proof of his embarkation with the Royal Dutch Army on 25/04/45 in U.K. and his landing in N.W.E. (North West Europe) Ostend (BE) 26/04/45, but I have no record of him in Italy (43) or Walcheren (44) with the Belgian troop.
I suppose he went to the Dutch troop after Achnacarry, but would I like to have the exact date?
I am naturally sorry for your wife's great uncle, but I know that these battles were known for their great losses in human life, the cemeteries of this region count many British soldiers.
Every evening since 1928 in Ypres, in Belgian Flanders, a ceremony is held at the Menin Gate. Hundreds of people gather to express their gratitude to the British soldiers who fell during the Great War to the sound of the Last Post. You can also consult this site about it http://www.toerismeieper.be/en
Thanks for the help.
Marcel
(P.S. the photo which accompanies my profile, is the parade of the 21/07/44, or RSM of my Unit I parade in blue beret of the UN on the return of Somalia in memory of our 6 missing).
[WWW]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger