commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Website OS upgrade......  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hi Everyone

We are in the process at present of upgrading the Operation systems of the website.

During this process we may experience short 'downtimes' but these will only be temporary.

We will keep these periods to late evening.

All three sections of the site are being upgraded.

We have done well on the present OS after nearly 10yrs of functioning.

We hope you continiue to enjoy the site

Best regards

John & Dan

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor
CVA Research Group Founder

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/01/2019 11:31:17

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks John and Dan.

Keep up the good work.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks Bill..much appreciated.

Regards

John & Dan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/01/2019 16:16:01

Primus Inter Pares

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is often not appreciated how much is done in the background to keep this website functioning, particularly by John Mewett, the website owner, and his son Dan. Since they first acquired the domain name and created the website forum and gallery as a platform to enable Commando Veterans, their families, friends of Commandos, and those just interested in Commando history, to provide us with their memories, information and photos, they have quietly gone about the regular maintenance and upkeep of the Site in their own time and at their own expense. We have moved on since those early days and John and Dan have now provided us with the main Archive to include information that we have been able to add to to make this site what it is now. I must include in this, thanks to our followers who quietly send us information from their own research, for which I am personally grateful to be able to use to add content to, or about, all Commandos who earned the right to wear the green beret. Graham, Guy, Belly, Craig, JB, and all those others who share what they have found with us.... many many thanks. That's enough thanking for now.

What I would encourage is for all users of our site to respond more to those who pose questions, or provide information. Don't wait for Nick or I to respond. Get in there and say hi to whoever it is. I am not a member of Facebook but I understand they do it on there so why not here.

Once again thanks to all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2019 00:28:45

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Agreed Pete, having to do this for my own business I can say we can sometimes take the internet and websites for granted but there's a lot of maintenance, updates and general TLC needed to keep them up and running as the content grows. I rarely have issues accessing this site which I do frequently so a big thanks to John and his team and the contributors for making this resource available to us all. Cheers
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks VLEWIS......we much appreciate your comment and compliments.

Best regards
John & Dan

Primus Inter Pares

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger