commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Passing of Mr Harry Archibald Collins  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Kate Mitchell
Forum Member

Hello I am a celebrant who is going to preside at the funeral of Mr Harry Archibald Collins. He was born on the 18th March 1924. He served in the Special Boat Service, and told proudly that he was instrumental in getting the peace treaty between General Macarthur and the Emperor of Japan signed. He also spoke of special ops where he was undercover working with the US.
His funeral is likely to be poorly attended as he has outlived many of his family and friends, and is estranged from others.
If anyone knew him, or could add to my scant knowledge of him I would be very grateful if they could get in touch. Likewise, if anyone would like to attend the funeral please let me know and I will pass on details.
Thank you in advance
Kate Mitchell
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Kate thank you for posting this and I hope someone with specific information responds. For the benefit of our readers here Kate contacted me by email. I cannot find any reference on our website to Harry so Kate has been advised to contact the CVA Secretary and RMA enqs team.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Kate,

Bizarrely, yours is the second post we have received from a Funeral Celebrant seeking information regarding an SBS veteran, who has passed leaving few or no family or friends, this year!

If you give me the funeral details I can post them on the CVA Facebook page if you wish.

You may want to contact the SBS Association:

email: [email protected]

SBS Association
PO Box 1014
Hamworthy
BH15 4YT

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/01/2019 18:53:39

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger