commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt Bill 'Tiger' Watson M.C. No.2 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Times newspaper reports the sad news of the recent death on Saturday of Dr. Bill' Tiger' Watson M.C. aged 97 yrs. A veteran of No.2 Commando he was awarded the Military Cross for his gallantry during the raid at St Nazaire. Our condolences to all his family and friends.

View his citation [HERE].

Rest in peace Bill.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John Martin
Forum Member

In 2007, Jeremy Clarkson - on that occasion quietly impressive - produced for, and presented on, BBC TV a programme on Operation Chariot. It was widely acclaimed. One of those interviewed was Bill "Tiger" Watson. He came across as a quietly humorous, totally modest and self-effacing man. (All of those interviewed in one way or another shone, as you might expect.) What I did not realise until I read his obituary was that he was also - in his post war years as a doctor - an entire force for good. His kind are sorely missed.

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger