commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Mike Pendleton in Malaya : 45 Commando RM  XML
Forum Index » Post-war Commando Operations
Oliver Gatland
Forum Private

Hello All,
This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I have placed this in the wrong section of the website!
I am doing some research into my Grandfather, Mike Pendleton, who fought in Malaya for a few years between 1950-53, as part of 45 Commando. I seem to remember him referring to "X Troop", but I could easily be mistaken.
It is an awful long shot I know, but if anybody remembers him I would absolutely love to hear from you!
Pete
Website Archivist

Hi Oliver

I would ask you to consider posting a photo of your Grandfather on this Forum thread and any others that your extended family may have from that period you are researching into. We do not have many images of 45 Commando in our gallery but hope that it will grow as our WW2 galleries did.

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/laterday/RM+Commandos/45+Cdo/

Any problems posting a photo on here contact me by email below.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Cdo. God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before. When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor private messages (pm). Use email, forum, or use the contact form, selecting the category website gallery questions, on the main home page.
[Email]

Forum Index » Post-war Commando Operations
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger