commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Armistice weekend 2018 Achnacarry, Fort William and Spean Bridge.  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thoughts on Armistice 2018 Achnacarry, Fort William and Spean Bridge.
We will remember them - I have been coming since I was young to remember my Dad Gnr W Y (Bill) Harvey No 4 Army Commando who was kia 1/11/44 Flushing Netherlands and also remember his comrades. I remember so many of the original WW2 Commandos who supported us "the Bairns" after the war and gave us that great ethos to support one another no matter what. We all bring our memories and heartfelt thoughts to the memorial and shed our tears but the tears are there all year in our hearts. The young Commandos, the Local Primary School and High School and local people of Lochaber do us proud. We meet new friends connect with old friends all bringing our memories, our sadness, our good and bad days to remember. Most important we meet at Spean Bridge Commando Memorial to remember as a Commando family who will support each other during the year to come. United We Conquer.

Bill

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/11/2018 16:52:36

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger