commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Pte Douglas Brown  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
ChrisDev
Forum Member

I have found a couple of photos of Pte Douglas Brown, who is my wife's Grandpa, on the archives but his name does not appear of the on the nominal roll. I believe from the photos that he was in No 1 troop No 2 Commando. Any more information would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get any photos that my Mother in Law may have and upload them.

Thanks

Chris
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Chris

Can you provide us with links to the images in the gallery you refer to, also (forgive me if this wrong) the date your wife's Grandpa died. Any other images or detail such as his Service number, or parent Regiment would also help.

Thanks.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
ChrisDev
Forum Member

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/2/boxing+team+1942.JPG.html

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/2/1+troop/2+cdo+1+trp/1_Troop+Dec+42.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

He is in both these photos and named as Pte D Brown.

He died around 14 years ago but I will confirm the exact date when I hear from my mother in law. I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Chris
[Thumb - Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 22.45.14.png]
 Filename Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 22.45.14.png [Disk] Download
 Description Screen shot of Douglas from the photo online
 Filesize 77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  241 time(s)

[Thumb - Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 22.44.22.png]
 Filename Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 22.44.22.png [Disk] Download
 Description Screen shot of Douglas from the photo online
 Filesize 12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  237 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Chris

I have now added Private Douglas Brown's name to our Nominal Roll.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger