commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for information about my father Jaap de Waal, Dutch regiment in Wolverhampton  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
MAdeWaal
Forum Member

Is there information about my father, Jaap de Waal (born 20th March 1915), who is Dutch and served with the Royal Dutch Princess Irene Brigade and whether he was trained for commando at Achnacarry/Spean Bridge. Timeperiod is probably 1940 till including 1943.
He was stationed at Wolverhampton. His rang was Officer Lt
Is he mentioned in any lists or archives? Did he train for commando and did he achieve the course?
Martien van Barneveld
Forum Member

Mijn vader is ook in Achnacarry opgeleid tot Commando, graag wil ik met jou in contact komen om te kijken of ik jou kan helpen, wat ik vreemd vind is dat op de foto die in Spean Bridge bij de herdenkingsplek staat Winter 1940-1941 en de eerste Nederlandse Commando's in mei 1942 werden opgeleid.
Heb je meer info over je vader zoals wanneer hij in Engeland aankwam en wanneer hij bij de Prinses Irene heeft gediend, of hij ook in actie is geweest, en of hij ooit namen uit die tijd heeft genoemd van andere Commando's.
Ik wil je graag helpen informatie te vinden.

Met vriendelijke groet Martien van Barneveld
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Translation of the above post

My father was also trained as a Commando in Achnacarry, I would like to get in touch with you to see if I can help you, what I find strange is that on the photo that is in Spean Bridge at the memorial site Winter 1940-1941 and the first Dutch Commandos were trained in May 1942.
Do you have more information about your father such as when he arrived in England and when he served with the Princess Irene, if he was also in action, and if he ever mentioned names of other Commandos from that time.
I would like to help you find information.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger