commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Hugh McCluskie  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
MartinHugh
Forum Member

Good evening all,

I am looking for information regarding my Grandfather Hugh McCluskie (Born 1915).
I no longer have any family members to provide information or assist with my search.

My father told me that he spoke about Anzio, Monte Cassino and North. Africa. He was issued with a Bren gun and was very grateful to the US Rangers for providing ration packs.

Any information received would be greatly appreciated as I now have a son who intends to join the Royal Marines.

Best Wishes

Martin McCluskie

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Martin

On the details you have given, his name and theatre of operations, I cannot myself find any reference about him but I stress that we do not have access to official records. There were Army Commandos, RM Commandos, RN Commandos, and RAF Servicing Commandos in WW2. Additionally many more non commando units served in the theatres of operations that you mention.

Relatives can apply for service records. How to do so can be found here: http://www.commandoveterans.org/ResearchAdvice

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger