commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 2 Commando cap badge for sale at DNW auction  XML
Forum Index » Commando Insignia
MBrockway
Forum Member

Just spotted this fine example of the No 2 Commando cap badge in the next Dix, Noonan & Webb medals and militaria auction (26 & 27 September 2018) ...

Lot Description
No. 2 Commando Cap Badge, being a white metal dagger 5 cms in length with two lug fasteners mounted on a piece of shaped leatherette, very good condition £200-300

Footnote
Note: Vendor states that it came into his possession from the original soldier.

Webpage: https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=478&lot_id=41304

(I am not in any way connected with this lot nor DNW and I will not be bidding for this item)

Mark
[Thumb - No2 Commando cap badge [DNW 27 Sep 2018, Lot 41304] - compressed.jpg]
 Filename No2 Commando cap badge [DNW 27 Sep 2018, Lot 41304] - compressed.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description 2 Cdo cap badge
 Filesize 403 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  489 time(s)

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Nice, weren't these handmade out of old spoons? good detailing on the grip.
MBrockway
Forum Member

I've certainly heard that too.

My old next-door neighbour was on subs in WW2 and did a lapel badge of his boat - HMS Unseen - out of a spoon. All done while on war patrol in the Med.

Mark

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.

Forum Index » Commando Insignia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger