commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
B Troop 7th Commando  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Kiwiron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

photo
[Thumb - 001.png]
 Filename 001.png [Disk] Download
 Description Palestine 1941
 Filesize 432 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  329 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Kiwiron

Thank you for the photos from your Father's collection which I have now added to our No 7 Commando gallery. Here is a direct link to that gallery:

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/7/

If you wish to confirm your full name I will amend the credit shown against each to reflect that.

If you also confirm the date of your Father's death, and the Regiment from which he was attached to the Commandos (his service no. suggests The King's Regt), I will add that to our Obituaries and Nominal Roll entries.

Finally you will note I have split into two the photo of LCpl. Snelson and Pte. Chapman. Can you confirm I have put the right name against each photo ?

Thanks again for posting them with the information included.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/08/2018 19:15:26

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Kiwiron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete,thanks very much for adding the photo's.Yes Cyril and Charlie are the right way around.My father passed away on 07/05/1978 after a 10 year battle with cancer.He was injured in Crete,i have more info on my profile.My full name is Ron Crosby.I don't know which regiment my dad was in.My dad had a tatoo on his arm i presume connected to serving in the Commando's but i can't make out what it is,do you have any suggestions? Thanks Ron.
[Email]
Kiwiron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Kings regiment would be right,Alf and our family lived in Liverpool.
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Thanks Ron

I have updated our archive and the gallery entry here:

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/7/Girvan+1940_CPL+Fred+Birch+_2931860_+LCPL+Alfred+John+Crosby+_3771804_.jpg.html

I really have no idea about tattoos.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Kiwiron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Great info,thanks a lot Pete.Ron.
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger