commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Sydney Hubbard DCM no.3 Commando 4 Troop 5255533  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Mike Hubbard
Forum Member

Can anyone supply any info on my Dad please.I would like to put his service record with his medals as I have a son and grandsons.Historical unit in Glasgow returned the application forms saying his record was sent to army pensions but never returned or copied.He was quite secretive but we know he was in Norway,Sicily,Middle and Far East,France etc.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the CVA Website & Forums and thanks for following Mark Brockway's advice and starting a new Topic - I will delete your original post which, as Mark pointed out, is in the wrong Forum ( thanks Mark).

You'll be pleased to now that we do have your father listed on the No.3 Commando Nominal Roll ( see link) I see we have his parent regiment as the Worcestershire Regt - is that right?

http://www.commandoveterans.org/3CommandoNomRollD%20-%20H

If you follow this link it will take you to the No.3 Commando Page which gives a brief history of the Commando, then there is a menu, at the right hand side of the page, which has links to other information specific to No.3 Commando.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/3Commando

Having found us can I invite you to browse our unique Gallery and specifically the No.3 Commando Album
[click on each thumbnail to open the image then click on the image to enlarge it; thumbnails with a grey square surround indicate a sub-album - again click to open etc.

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/3/

Please let us know if you find any photos with your father on so we can identify him on the captions.

There are a few photos where your father has been identified - the easy way to view these is to enter his surname into the 'Search' box on the top right corner of any page in the Gallery and that will bring up all the photos with a 'Hubbard' on...

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/08/2018 15:35:06

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Mike

Have you seen this entry in our gallery for your Father: Sydney Hubbard DCM

and this one in our online archive CSM Sydney Hubbard, DCM

You may wish to consider research of the Worcestershire Regiment from which he was attached to the Commandos. They may have Regimental recordswith info.

Do you have a good photo of your Father from his Army days, or after? We could add it to our record. Also if you advise me of his dateof death I will add that.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I forgot to put the link to the Worcestershire Regimental Archives which is here

http://www.worcestershireregiment.com/Worc_Regt_Archives.php

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger