commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Displaying Original Documents.  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi All

Just a quick tip for any one who has, or is contemplating dispalying any original Commando certificates, documents or photographs. Rather than displaying the originals in the frames which will then inevitably be prone to fading due to constant exposesure to daylight, it is far better to either scan and print good quality colour copies or have good quality copies made at some where like staples. The originals can then be stored safely away from the destructive effects of direct daylight. I have just done this with my father's two Commando certificates and to be honest unless you actually handle them you can't tell which is the copy and which is the original. I actually scanned and printed my own and having experimented with both photographic paper and card, I found that for certificates and documents, card gives the best results as it has a very similar surface texture to the originals.
I was advised to display copies as opposed to original documents / photos by the person who's company supplies and makes British Army cloth badges and who's details I have previously posted on this site (Montyslocker). This chap's name is Derek and he is also a serious collector of British Army memorabilia.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger