commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Hardelot raid (4 Commando) - an appeal  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Phil Eyden
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Good afternoon,

I recently received the fantastic news that the BBC1 will be making a 30 documentary about Operation Abercrombie, 4 Commando's raid on Hardelot near Boulogne in April 1942. It is to be filmed around July and broadcast late this year.

The producer would very much like to find any surviving participants of 4 Commando who were there, or at Dieppe four months later. He would also like to speak to any relatives of those men.

If anyone can help in any way, please can you drop me a message.

Many thanks,

Phil
[WWW]
Phil Eyden
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Just to let you know most of the filming has been completed and the documentary should be on sometime in later November. It will be on BBC1. I will update you when I know more.
[WWW]
ironron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks for the heads up
Phil Eyden
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The word from the powers that be at the BBC have told me that it will probably be on in January. As soon as I get a confirmed date I will let everyone know here.
[WWW]
ironron
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Cheers Phill
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Phil

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger