commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Use of Klepper canoes by SBS recce teams in Pebble Island (Falklands)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
mendonca.af
Forum Member

I'm a figure medeller and I seek information about the of Klepper canoes by SBS recce teams prior the invasion of Pebble Island in Falklands campaign. I'm planning to build a diorama in 1/35 scale, using Dragon's figure set (photo attached). I known that I must to change the uniform, weapons and add some equipment to represent what they used in that campaign. Although I found in Mackay and Cooksey's book entitled "Pebble Island", there the authors said that canoes did not use because of winds and sea state to insert SAS teams in the island but there is no mention about the the insertion of SBS recce teams before the assault. As you wrote, there is a information in Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_Pebble_Island) that SBS used this canoes to insert recce teams "Reconnaissance for the raid was conducted by personnel from the Boat Troop of D Squadron, conducting an infiltration by Klepper canoe. The patrol found that strong headwinds would increase the time taken to fly in from Hermes launch point, delaying time on target and reducing the available offensive window to thirty minutes, rather than the planned ninety. In light of this information the planning emphasised the importance of destroying the aircraft as a priority, with support personnel as a secondary priority."
Anyone can help me with reliable information about this operation or if Klepper canoes was used in other operation in Falklands campaign or 80s, 90s or 00s operations.

Sincerely
Mendonca, Andre

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger