commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 4 Belgian Troop letter  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi everyone

I was asked by J B Brekelmans to upload this letter from his collection, as the letter is in French I have attached a copy of JB's email to me as it contains a broad translation of the contents of the letter

"I just found below letter which may be interesting to put on CVA.

Reference letter from commander in chief of 4 Belgian troop Major Danloy for L/cpl Van Den Daele who served with 4th troop from 27/7/1942 till 14/8/1945. He served in Italy Yougoslavia and Walcheren. He was wounded in Walcheren It is certified he was always a good loyal soldier."

Cheers Andy
[Thumb - JB1.jpeg]
 Filename JB1.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  596 time(s)

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Andy

Now back on forum.

Cheers

JB

Andy Maines wrote:Hi everyone

I was asked by J B Brekelmans to upload this letter from his collection, as the letter is in French I have attached a copy of JB's email to me as it contains a broad translation of the contents of the letter

"I just found below letter which may be interesting to put on CVA.

Reference letter from commander in chief of 4 Belgian troop Major Danloy for L/cpl Van Den Daele who served with 4th troop from 27/7/1942 till 14/8/1945. He served in Italy Yougoslavia and Walcheren. He was wounded in Walcheren It is certified he was always a good loyal soldier."

Cheers Andy
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete

JB has requested that this document be uploaded on to the relevant section of the gallery, any chance you could do this for him.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Andy and JB

I would normally add references like this when accompanied by a photo of the individual. We do have a troop photo where Pierre is amongst the men. In the absence of a good resolution individual photo of him would you have any issue with me adding a small thumbnail sized one to the document from the troop photo. Here is what I mean. Obviously I would add in the credit that we have added the photo to the original document. If you have just let me know and I will remove it. If ok let me know and I will add it to the gallery.

All the best Pete
[Thumb - Pierre Van Den Daele reference with photo.jpg]
 Filename Pierre Van Den Daele reference with photo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 417 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  593 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete,

That?s fine great to see his photo!

Cheers
JB
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Thanks JB. Now in the 4 'Belgian' troop album located within the No.10(IA) Commando gallery .

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/10IA/Belgian/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete

Thanks for that, sorry I tried to reply last night on my Iphone but the message would't send for some reason.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger