commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Any information or service history regarding J D Cox served 3 commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Shane.button
Forum Member

Like to find out any information regarding jd cox 3 commando (deceased) dont really have anything to go on, any information would be very appreciated, I am in Australia so I'll return any messages asap
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Shane

The Private J.D. Cox in our No 3 Commando Nominal Roll should read Private James D. Cox which you will see is how it is written in our Obituaries section. I have now updated this. He was a member of the former Commando Association and the Obituaries section of their March 1989 Newsletter (89) records his name amongst those listed. The Association record his address as Bristol.

Checking our Gallery there is a Private J. Cox who served in 2 Troop of No 3 Commando. The photo was taken just before D Day. I am not certain if you or your Family have photos to compare with it to see if it might be one and the same man. The photo can be viewed here and he is shown as No.7. No 3 Commando 2 Troop May 1944

From your profile I note that you are referring to your Grandfather. If you have a good family photo of him either from his military days or in civvies feel free to attach it in a reply to this message. If you have any difficulties attaching it, send it to me by email. I will then add it to our No 3 Commando Gallery. Could you advise me of your Grandfather's middle name, and his date birth and death please, so as I can update our online record.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Shane.button
Forum Member

Thankyou for your help so far I saw his name in the obituaries but didnt know which troop etc he was in so lots of photos to go through to find him hahaha I'll forward on pictures as I get them if I can, email seems not to want to send them either is there another means ie messenger or face book ?
Again thankyou for helping.

Shane
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Shane

I am surprised you cannot email them ? Are you trying to send a lot of large sized images at one time ? Are you unable to add them on the Forum here as an attachment ? Try adding 2 single attachments per message in a reply to this message with as much detail about each as is known.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I am now in email contact with Shane. The No 3 Commando gallery will be updated in due course. Here is a picture of his Grandfather Private James Daniel Cox No 3 Commando.
[Thumb - Pte. J.D. Cox, No.3 Cdo.jpg]
 Filename Pte. J.D. Cox, No.3 Cdo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 213 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  285 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Photos now in the gallery here : http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/3/james_cox/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/05/2018 16:58:03

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger