commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Copies of the Globe and Laurel magazine  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Anyone with old copies of the Globe and Laurel able to assist me with checking some details in there. Very specific so not time consuming. Email me if you can help.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Got a few G & L here mate what you after
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Craig

There are a few issues that I have found online. I am looking to check the section on Deaths towards the rear of each edition usually before the Sports. There it lists Veterans who hve passed on (I do not need these details) but it also sometimes includes those who have died in Service, giving their Unit, and sometimes the cause of death. It is information about those who died in service that I am interested in for our Post WW2 Roll of Honour.

So if you see a name with details as described above, check the surname against our Roll of Honour below, and if a cause of death or specific unit is not shown, or even a name, just let me know and include the month and year of the relevant edition as the Source.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/3_Cdo_Bde_ROH

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/06/2018 21:53:37

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger