commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jack Lamb No 3 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with great sadness that we advise you of the recent death of Jack Lamb, a veteran of No 3 Commando, and a founder member of the Association. Jack passed away on the 10th April 2018 aged 94. A regular attendee at Association events, he will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter Audrey, his granddaughters Naomi and Deborah, and all Jack's family and friends.

The funeral will be held at Oldham Crematorium, Hollinwood, Greater Manchester, on the 24th April 2018 at 1pm. The funeral directors, G. Barlow and Sons of Oldham, can be contacted if need be on 0161 625 4301. The Family have requested no flowers.

Rest in peace Jack.

John 'Jack' Lamb
b. 29th August 1923
d. 10th April 2018
[Thumb - Jack Lamb.jpg]
 Filename Jack Lamb.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  402 time(s)

[Thumb - Jack Lamb No 3 Cdo.jpg]
 Filename Jack Lamb No 3 Cdo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  412 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/04/2018 22:59:43

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

After the war Jack worked for a period in a factory before taking a job on the buses. He then took employment at the former USA Air Base at Burtonwood on the 'Crash' team during which time he attained numerous qualifications for fire fighting. He then joined up again, this time with the RAF, and he served for the next 22 years. He was a gunner fireman in the RAF Regiment and deployed with them to the crisis in Cyprus.

Jack recently received the Légion d'Honneur awarded to him by the French government.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We will all really miss Jack. Remembered with honour. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter Audrey, his granddaughters Naomi and Deborah, and all Jack's family and friends.

God bless.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

A lovely gentleman, my love and condolences to his friends, comrades and family.

Janet
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Fred Davies has asked me to send out this message to as many people as possible!

Fred Davies wrote: I am devastated that my good friend Jack Lamb has crossed the line and consoled only by the fact that I was able to visit him only a short while ago.
I arrive home from the USA the day before the funeral so I will attend with the CVA Standard.

And I hope as many Green Berets as possible can make the effort to give this true D Day veteran the right and proper send off he so rightly and properly deserves.

Regards to all Fred.

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

RIP Jack

An honour to have met you.

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger