commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for info on a friend who has passed away recently.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Ray Putman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Good afternoon all a friend of mine passed away recently and at his funeral there were flowers from a friend at 32 Commando Citadel,Royal Navy Hospital ,Plymouth. Having served myself I can't recall a 32 Commando and the Citadel at Plymouth as far as I was aware is 29 Cdo, would anyone be able to advise as I would like to help his family understand the confusion as they were unaware of any service.
His name is Barrie Brynfyd Thomas DOB 14.10.1955 if any one remembers of him, I know its a long shot but I know too well its a relatively small club and usually someone knows someone
Kind Regards
Ray
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Could be 30 Commando surveillance and reconnaissance. But I think they are at Stonehouse and RMB Chivenor.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Ray Putman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks Craig, I thought maybe 30 Cdo or maybe the vicar was given duff info and maybe 42 Cdo but still not sure.
Many thanks anyway Craig, I will keep diggin.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Ray

It almost reads like a full address which is odd on flowers. There was a Royal Naval Hospital at Stoneouse until the mid 90s. Maybe there is a clue in the fact that he mentions it. A Ward address possibly ?? They have a Facebook page so it might be worth posting a message there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rnh.stonehouse.reunion/

Worth a try.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/04/2018 23:40:59

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Ray Putman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks Pete I will give it a try :)
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

One final thought....could be that he has inadvertently reverse written the number, ie. 32 could be 23 Commando, as in 23 Commando Battery RA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2018 11:16:30

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger